Football player and coach. Sergei Rebrov – the last pupil of Lobanovskiy
Ukrainian football legend Sergei Rebrov – the most famous athlete native of Horlovka. The first strikes the ball he did at the beginning of the late Yuri Fomin coach. Today Sergei Rebrov – head coach of Dynamo Kiev , the team in which he spent his best years.
He played for the Donetsk “Shakhtar” in adolescence in the 1990/91 season, before moved to the “Dynamo” (Kiev) in August 1992.
In the period between 1992 and 2000 years, scoring 93 goals in 189 Premier League matches and 18 goals in 35 matches for the Cup of Ukraine. Rebrov also scored several key goals in European competitions, in particular the UEFA Champions League seasons 1997/98 and 1998/99, including a famous goal against the “Barcelona” from an acute angle.
About the first love
My first love was the football! We can say even slept with the ball. It was the case in his native Gorlovka for multiple teams played. Mom my new passion did not resist, but strictly required that I did well in school. Therefore, in my diary is not something that “two”, and even “triple” were rare. However, as the “five”. And on the football field, my progress has been more serious, so it is not surprising that soon I put on a t-shirt of “Shakhtar”
Of 2000-2003. – A player of London “Tottenham” (Premier League England).
Of 2003-2004. – played in Istanbul “Fenerbahce” (Turkey).
2004-2005 – played in the London club, “West Ham United” (England).
2005 – a new two-year contract with the Kiev “Dynamo”.
In March 2008, he signed a two-year contract with the club of the Russian Premier League, “Rubin” (Kazan).
In June 2009, early tore up the contract with “Rubin”.
June 24, 2009 it was announced that the transition Sergei Rebrov in Kiev “Arsenal”, but for the club Rebrov did not play – the parties agree on the terms of the contract. July 20, 2009, Sergei Rebrov has announced the completion of a professional football career. On the same day he was appointed assistant coach of the double of FC “Dynamo” Kyiv.
- The best scorer of the “Dynamo” in the history of Ukrainian championships.
- The best football player of the championship of Ukraine in 1996, 1998 and 1999.
- Nine-time champion of Ukraine – 1993-2000 and 2007.
- Seven-time winner of the Cup of Ukraine – 1993, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007.
- The best football player of Ukraine 1996 and 1998.
- The best scorer of the championship of Ukraine in 1998.
- Champion of Russia in 2008 as part of the Kazan ‘Rubin’.
- For the national team of Ukraine played 75 matches and scored 15 goals.
Start coaching path
In 2009, Sergei Rebrov decided to end football career almost immediately received an invitation from Dynamo become a junior assistant at Dynamo Vladimir Muntean parallel enrolling on coaching courses.
“Well, if the most recently was a football player, you use the authority of the guys. But this is not enough. I think, to learn, to grow always necessary. If you do call of a successful coach who does not develop, and something does not study, I do not believe “, – he said then Rebrov.
The following season 2010/11 Rebrov had begun as an assistant to the second rank of the team Dynamo became assistant Gennady Litovchenko, and for six months after Rebrov was appointed to the first team of the club became one of the experts in the coaching staff Yuri Semin.
Sergei Rebrov learned while playing career, working under the supervision of professionals such as Valery Lobanovsky, George Graham, Glenn Hoddle, Christoph Daum, Alan Pardew and Kurban Berdyev, he continued to study, attending training Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund Jurgen Klopp.
In September 2012, following the changes in the coaching staff Dynamo, Rebrov became assistant Oleg Blokhin and immediately after leaving Blokhin became acting head coach. May 15, 2014 the team won the Cup of Ukraine, Rebrov which made it possible to establish itself in the position of head coach.
Already in the first full season Rebrov returned to Kiev, Ukraine gold medal champions, who loses Dynamo Shakhtar since 2009. Critics may claim that the success of Rebrov Dynamo helped the political situation in the country – was forced to leave Shakhtar Donetsk and played their home games in Lviv, but the results in the European Cup Dynamo confirm that Rebrov has done an excellent job and continues to do so today.
Achievements as a coach
Until November 2016
- Winner of the Cup of Ukraine ‣ 2013/14, 2014/15.
- Champion of Ukraine 2014/15, 2015/16
- led the team in the 1/8 of the Champions League 2015/16.
- led the team in the Europa League quarter 2014/15.
- was among the 50 best coaches in the world (2015) – 33 (journal 4-4-2).
- Dynamo led by Rebrov has surpassed the club record at the national championships (USSR / Ukraine) constitute a series of 33 matches without defeat.
- Repeated coaching record of Valery Lobanovsky – Dinamo has won 12 consecutive matches in the Ukrainian championship.